Ask the Veterinarian/Dog ate whole popcicles stick

Question
After reading these answers I guess I will feed her and monitor for two weeks. She's an 11 year old red nose Pitt.

Answer
I'm confused. What answers? Why would you monitor her for two weeks? If this thing is going to do some damage you will know in 48 hours!

Did she chew this up or eat it with out breaking it at all?
While dangerous, if it wasn't splintered it may go through her without any problems but you will know, as I said, in a day or so.

As long as it doesn't perforate her intestines going through them, you should see it come out tomorrow night or thereabout.

If she gets lethargic, starts to vomit, or has diarrhea, run, don't walk, to you vet! These are signs of a blockage in her digestive tract somewhere.

I'll be praying for a good outcome!

Ask the Veterinarian

Jana Connell RVT, CVT