Ask the Veterinarian/Injured cat

Question
Cat fight
Cat fight  

Same
Same  
My cat came home with fighting injuries from local pets.(or wild)
He's got multiple lacerations (most of them superficial) except
The 2 around his anus/testicles.(fixed) those 2 look like possible
Infection sites. From my info & hopefully I can attach a pic; what do
You suggest I do? Or how can I help him-maybe anti-biotic ointment?
But I'm worried he'll lick it off. Oh yea, he keeps licking his wounds. Has been
Lathargic since he came home last nite. I haven't let him out much today,
But even when he snuck out, he took it easy. Right now, he's laying down.
He's 3yr old cat that has the energy & spirit of a kitten still.

Answer
Hello Tony,

Looks like the wounds are almost healed. Ointments are not preferred due to licking habit. If at all used, you may try triple antibiotic ointment for the superficial wounds.   As long as the wounds are not infected and healing naturally, there is nothing to worry about. If you feel that the wounds are taking too long to heal, antibiotic injections or tablets per orally has to be administered. This would prevent further developments of abscesses at the wound site, if it were deeper.

regards

anand

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr S Bindu Anand