Ask the Veterinarian/Keeping peafowl essentials

Question
Hellow Jana

I want to get white peafowls. I may buy one month old pea chicks. I am worried how high a peacock can fly?
Upto what age cat can eat them ?
At what age peacocks can start making loud noise ? Under what circumstances they can be less noisy ?
How to keep them away from getting on top of car or jeep?
I have 30 feet deep lawn will it be enough for 4 peafowls in future?
I also have a cage of 4.5 feet into 2.5 feet. upto what age i must have a cage for them ? and can they live in lawn free when they grow older ?
Do home raised one month chicks know they can eat insects?
How about keeping a chicken with them to help them learn different stuff?
How likely they will destroy plants in porch and leave the lawn? Lawn in 30 feet deep any 20 feet away from main entrance through paved area.I would surely like them stay away from paved area. As there dropping will be very visible and keeping it clean will be a bit more challenging than  usual.

Note; By answering one by one question you may not miss any. Otherwise in generalized answer may be some of my concerns may remain unaddressed.

Thanks for being here as volunteer i am sure it means alot to many people and animals.

Answer
Hi Mahreen,

As I said before, I am not a bird expert. There are thousands of websites on the internet that can tell you about keeping peafowl.

All I know is that they are very loud, annoying birds and can fly onto anything unless one wing is clipped.

I suggest you find a good website on raising them.
http://tinyurl.com/q56ernp

http://aboutpeafowl.com/

http://tinyurl.com/qdkvvra

How is the Black Kite doing?

Ask the Veterinarian

Jana Connell RVT, CVT