Ask the Veterinarian/Baby Mice

Question
Baby mice
Baby mice  
I have 4 kittens about 4-5 months old, and two of them brought inside two baby field mice. they look to be around 1-2 wks old, one has his eyes open, the other one im not sure about. they both have not been injured thankfully, but i know their both little enough they still need mommas milk. Any advice on what I should use? they both also have some fleas, when they get older, would it be safe to give them a warmish quick bath to rid them of them? How abouts should i do that too?

Answer
Dear Emerald,

I assure you that you have taken up a very difficult task,but not impossible.Please follow the link from American Fancy Rat & Mouse Association regarding care of baby orphans@ http://www.afrma.org/orphanrm.htm.

Regarding fleas,the mice would take care of this themselves as they are very fastidious groomers.  If necessary you may try ECOTRITION Pro Ultra-Care Flea and Tick Spray for Small Animals,which will be safe in older mice.

Wish you all the best.

regards

Anand

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr S Bindu Anand