Ask the Veterinarian/Bichon 14 yrs old

Question
My dog was diagnosed with LP on one side,  His thyroid test was fine.
Do you have any homeopathic suggestions?  He is 14 yrs old and takes multivitamins and glucosamine and chondrotin.  We do titer testing rather than vaccinate, although his last rabies was 2 yrs ago. He eats grain free food from Orijen ( only 1/2 c) and eats organic vegetables and fruits and lean turkey.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have read LP could have something to do with an imbalance or a need for liver detox.

Answer
Hi Janice,

I think you are not considering the surgical option.
Anyways Homeopathy suggests some remedies for LP.For laryngeal nerve paralysis you can consider Causticum.Give Causticum 30c , 1 dose twice daily, till distinct improvement is noticed.  One dose is 2 tablets or 4-5  pellets for big dogs and 1 tablet or 3  pellets for small dog. Give them dry in mouth.The dog should not be exposed to any food item,five  minutes before/after medication.You should not touch remedies with hands, but give them straight from the cap of the bottle or with a clean spoon.Detoxing is good,it always increases the longevity of your pet.

regards

anand

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr S Bindu Anand