Ask the Veterinarian/Bunny

Question
My one month old bunny has a wet nose, isn't sneezing frequently but when he does he sneezes a lot. He's been eating and drinking normally, moving around normally, just having random sneezing fits. He's not wheezing but he does seem to be breathing heavy but I can't tell if that's his normal breathing as a bunny or if he's actually breathing heavy. Is he sick? And if so is there anything I can do for him or does he need to see a vet

Answer
Hi Alyssa,

Please  see that these symptoms could be indicative of some of the diseases which are common to bunnies, like Upper Respiratory Infection,Lower Respiratory Infection,Foreign Bodies,Dental Disorders and Chronic Runny Eyes/Nose etc.Hence moniter the bunny closely for aggrevation  of symptoms.In that case may need a veterinary inspection and probably nebulisation followed by antibiotics. If the symptoms are mild and is not affecting its normal activities, the bunny might get over this naturally provided the immunity is good.It all depends on the environment you provide,like clean and dry environment.
In Bunnies Bacteria are the main  agents responsible  for respiratory infections.So please keep close watch of the situation and respond accordingly.

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr S Bindu Anand