Ask the Veterinarian/Cat have birth is now retaining urine and faeces

Question
Hi there, my cat had a litter of kittens. On Friday night she had 2 healthy then one stillborn, on Saturday she gave birth to another healthy kitten, daturday night she bacame restless and I noticed she still looked pregnant, I took her to the vet and they noticed she had retained a lot of urine and hadn't made any bowle movements either, they manually got her to pee, and told me if she doesn't pee herself soon she may die :/ they have her I oxytocin shot to bring on any more stillborn babies if there were any but nothing has happened, she is looking like she is starting to get full again :/ I don't know what to do :( I spent all my money on her I day and they just sent me home with her :(

Answer
Hi Sarah,
Looks likely of a Neurological problem  due to peripheral nerve damage.As this being a surgical case I have limitations in offering advice online.Mainly because,as  both urine and feces are retained, it could be life threatening.
You can  try to make her pee manually by applying pressure over the ventral pelvis and lateral abdominal region. Try giving laxatives orally or per rectum so as to relieve feces.
You may supplement Calcium and Nurobion.  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr S Bindu Anand