Ask the Veterinarian/Cat Can't pee

Question
Hello sir!

I have some problems with my cat. So just tonight we observed that my cat can't pee and he doesn't eat food and he vomited as well. Once only so we decided to bring him to pet clinic unfortunately since it was night and there is a storm this past day the clinic was already closed and i feel bad watching my cat having a trouble on urinating. I have watched some videos on helping my cat pee but still it won't work and he ends up meowing in pain.

I need your help how to make him pee so i can relieve some of his pain till tomorrow.

I am worried that he might die over night and i dont really want that to happen.

thank you soo much !

Answer
Hi Claire,

looks like a case or urinary obstruction possibly due to urolithiasis(stones) or any other reasons. And signs of vomiting are not favorable either as it shows there  is  toxemia or renal damage.The only treatment option available is to relive urine by way of cystocentesis or by way of catheter.Causalities cannot be ruled out in such instances,if treatment is not instituted immediately.You can massage the penis by rolling it between your thumb and index finger. This may crush the plug and allow the material to be expelled. Even if this is successful, veterinary attention and possible hospitalization are required.

good luck and regards

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr S Bindu Anand