Ask the Veterinarian/Causticum

Question
I am having difficulty getting my dog to take the 3 pellets.  Is there anything you can suggest? No cream cheese or peanut butter can be put around the pills?

Answer
The primary principle of homoeopathic medicine is that it is absorbed into the system through the oral mucosa itself and there  is no requirement for the medicines  to go to the stomach or intestine for absorption.Hence these medicines has to be put directly to mouth without any contaminants including food.You can either try diluting the pills in little clean water and push into the mouth with a syringe.Or try getting the tincture  of same potency and administer as drops orally.

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr S Bindu Anand