Ask the Veterinarian/Laryngeal Paralysis

Question
My dog was diagnosed with LP on one side,  His thyroid test was fine.
Do you have any homeopathic suggestions?  He is 14 yrs old and takes multivitamins and glucosamine and chondrotin.  We do titer testing rather than vaccinate, although his last rabies was 2 yrs ago. He eats grain free food from Orijen ( only 1/2 c) and eats organic vegetables and fruits and lean turkey.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have read LP could have something to do with an imbalance or a need for liver detox.

Many thanks

Answer
Hi Janice,
Since I am not a veterinarian I suggest that you post to one of the vets here at this link:

http://www.allexperts.com/el/Ask-Veterinarian/

Dr S Bindu Anand and Dr. Louis N. Gotthelf are available but the last vet on the list is a holistic vet. She won't be back until the 15th so I don't know if you can wait that long.

I've never even heard of this condition in dogs. I have heard of a collapsing trachea and I'm wondering if that's what this is. If it is, there is really not much that can be done, especially considering his age.

Hopefully one of these veterinarians can make a suggestion for you.  

Ask the Veterinarian

Jana Connell RVT, CVT