Ask the Veterinarian/lymphoma

Question
My pitbull terrier has recently been diagnosed w/lymphoma. Will lowering the ph in his body help to get rid of the cancer?  I was told a mixture of baking soda, sugar, lemon juice mixed w/water to a paste & applied to spots w/o hair would draw the tumors out or get rid of them.  Is this true?

Answer
Hi Denise,
I reckon your terrier has the cutaneous form of lymphoma.But you didn't mention what stage it is.The lymphomas are all malignant in nature and the only available treatment is chemotherapy.But the life span may not go beyond one year even with chemotherapy.If you are reluctant to chemotherapy,you can consider Homeopathy. Pitcairn Institute of Veterinary Homeopathy may be able to give you details of this approach.   

As far as ph is considered,it might help in reducing the count and are only supplementary treatments  along with administration of vitamin c or  antioxidants like lycopene .The combination you suggested may probably  squeeze out  blackheads,but not sure whether it will draw the tumour cells,especially in malignant cases.

regards

anand

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr S Bindu Anand