Ask the Veterinarian/Purebred?

Question
Kodah1
Kodah1  

Kodah2
Kodah2  
Hi Jana I was so pleased with your previous answer I thought id just ask you if you think the GSD we were talking about is purebred. He is doing great on the new puppy food and putting weight on quickly. I only ask if you think he looks purebred literally just to know for myself. He was neutered 2 wks ago so either way it's not a big deal but there was some question if he was or not. Hope you can help. And I'll send a couple other pics on a different question form. Thanks again for your time ;)

Answer
Two weeks ago and he is how old? He is really beautiful Stephenie. Truly he is.
I am glad to hear he is doing well. I am also glad to know he wasn't neutered at 8 weeks old as so many are. While it's too late now, I would have waited and have him neutered at 10 months to one year old. The studies are showing that these dogs need more growth time before that's all halted with the cessation of hormones. But he looks great and will continue to fill out over the next two years.

And I just got this question AFTER the other one! Weird eh?

Ask the Veterinarian

Jana Connell RVT, CVT