Ask the Veterinarian/sick cat

Question
I took my cat to the vet for what was thought to be another bladder infection but turned out to be an inflamed bladder. After spending 4 days there she came home with little improvement. On day 3 home she vomited a couple times then slept a lot! She's still very lethargic and has been sneezing, watery eyes, runny nose, barely eating and drinking. I've taken her to her vet multiple times but she seems to come back with little to no improvement. I'm looking into a new office for her but until I can get her seen I wanted to ask for an opinion here. Could she have gotten herpes or something else from unsanitary conditions there? Could it be something more serious than an inflamed bladder? She has been peeing more with less blood but still goes in the tub or sink and still seems to struggle. I've given her her meds and the foid they suggested. The liquid from her eyes and nose are clear. Her gums are black si it's difficult to tell if they are pale

Answer
Hi Kayla,

You didn't mention whether the inflammation was due to infection or due to physiological reasons like urinary calculi.Feline interstitial cystitis  is a possibility with inflammation of the bladder that causes symptoms of lower urinary tract disease. However, in the case of interstitial cystitis, a definitive cause for the disease cannot be identified.Stress and the changes inherent in the body as a result of stress are thought as reasons.
I hope all these has been sorted by your vet and treatment has been planned accordingly.

Vomiting is not a good sign and can be due to uremia or even due to renal involvement.Without looking  into the blood profile, as you are aware,I cannot conclude on any thing.What ever I state are just possibilities. I can understand your concern,but I suggest you should be following the recommendations of the current office until you take her to new vets.

Wish you all the best.

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr S Bindu Anand