Ask the Veterinarian/Weak Immune System?

Question
Hello Dr. Chambreau,
My 12 year old cat was too healthy since last few months. She diognised with mammary cancer. She is had cold 2 months ago, then she had high fever,lethargy and lost of appatite. We went to her vet and he injected convenia since she is extremly agressive and stressed at vet which makes impossible to treat(she peed because of fear :( and they made urine test, nothing found in urine. They could not made blood test because she must be anesthesized for that)
For the few days she looked as if she will get cold again. I gave l-lysne and keep her warm. She is ok now.
I think her immune system is weak? I want to boost her immune system and want to start giving colostrum. There is no colostrum for pets in turkey. I found 2 brands for human; 1 is powder other is chewable tablet consist of 14 mg Colostrum and 2,2 mg lysozyme.
I would be grateful if you could answer my questions. My first question is should i use colostrum? If yes should i use the one with lysozyme? Is lysozyme safe for her?
Second question is i want to plant some safe herbs for cats which she will enjoy and also will help her to get stronger and healthy-like parsley, thyme. Do you suggest any other herbs?
Thank you in advance.
Güliz

Answer
Yes, use the one with lyzozyme. Usually we give 10 mg to a cat, but the 14 mg is fine.

Wonderful to grow organic herbs. I suggest reading Juliette de Baircle Levy's Herbal Handbook for dogs and cats; and Tilford's Herbs for pets. You will learn so much about herbs and how to use them medicinally, and then decide which you want to plant.  Catnip, calendula, Aloe in your house, Bee Balm, borage, chickweed, dandelion, dill, echinacea, marshmallow, Parsley,plantain,

I would also suggest finding an integrative veterinarian with whom to work who is trained in many different approaches, including using conventional drugs only when absolutely needed. Working with one can increase the chance that your cherished cat can live a long and healthy life even with the current problem. There are good ones and great ones, and a few homeopathic veterinarians will consult by phone or email. You can go to the web sites for each type of holistic practice and use their referral list to find one near to you. Many practitioners are members of only one or two of the organizations, so you do need to go to every site to find who is near you as there are probably very few, if any, in turkey, but there may be a few. There are definitely homeopathic vets who will work by phone.
1. Wide range of treatments: www.AHVMA.org, American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association and www.civtedu.org.   
2. Homeopathic veterinarians (these can often help you by phone if no other holistic practitioners are nearby that you like): www.theAVH.org and www.DrPitcairn.com; BAHVS.com, www.iavh.org
3. Chiropractic and Osteopathic - www.animalchiropractic.org; http://equineosteopathy.org/ (they treat dogs, too)
4. TCVM (Acupuncture and Chinese medicine): www.IVAS.org, www.aava.org & www.TCVM.com ABVA.CO.UK

They can so help your little kitty.  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Christina Chambreau