Ask the Veterinarian/Cat

Stomach Image
Stomach Image  
Hey, i already sent you an email about my cat and i sent some images but i also wanted to send the stomach image.

And I will give you a bit more information I may not have been as clear as possible.
As a conventional veterinarian my goal was to clear up the skin. As in the following case, the vets kept giving steroid shots more and more frequently to keep the skin clear, but finally homeopathy cured the cat, making it healthier overall.

Baby, a 9 year old cat, had been receiving steroid injections and some antibiotics for 8 years at an ever-increasing frequency, up to every 6 weeks, to keep the skin condition under control. She was treated homeopathically for 9 months and switched to a fresh meat diet before the skin on her abdomen was free of lesions. She had no skin lesions from then until her death at 17 years. She had two episodes of acute problems when other cats in the house became ill, yet never needed homeopathic treatment again.

So the four choices from my prior email are:
1.  Just let the skin go
2. Go to the conventional vet
3. Learn some holistic approaches (change the diet, even some; try the rescue remedy; learn Reiki and offer that every day)
4. the best would be to work with an integrative vet.

Hope both these emails make you and your mom aware of deeply healing options.  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Christina Chambreau

I can give you the holistic approach to any problem, mostly for dogs and cats and some farm animals and horses. Depending on the condition and the type of animal, I will be able to give very specific treatment suggestions such as what flower essences, homeopathic remedies, nutritional supplements, diet changes, lifestyle changes or herbs that may be helpful - not drugs. I can also suggest where you can go for further education or to find a specialist in a specific holistic field. I can help you understand why your animal is ill and what improvements can be expected. I do not check messages more than every one to two days, so PLEASE DO NOT ask about EMERGENCIES - call your local veterinarian. I cannot diagnose your animal. I cannot prescribe specific treatments. I am no longer very current with conventional treatments, so cannot answer questions on those. I am not an expert on birds or small critters. I am not an expert in breeding, birthing or babies.

I graduated from the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine in 1980 and began using homeopathy in my practice after a client introduced me to it. By 1988 I was using exclusively holistic treatments. I began lecturing in 1987 and have spoken at veterinary conferences, health food stores, people's homes, churches, veterinary college conferences - anywhere people want to learn more about keeping their animals healthy.

Academy of Veterinary Homeopathy (I helped found this one) American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association National Center for Homeopathy American Veterinary Medical Association

I have written in many magazines, journals and newspapers. A few include Bark Magazine; Journal of the AHVMA; Baltimore Dog Magazine; Whole Dog Journal; Tiger Tribe; Wolf Clan. I have also been frequently interviewed on radio and TV. I am Associate Editor for the Integrative Veterinary Care Journal, so often have articles there.

Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) Certified Veterinary Homeopath (CVH)