Ask the Veterinarian/Bachelor of Dental surgery for Pets.

Question
Dear Jana

Are there BDS courses available for Pets viz Cats, Dogs, Horses, Rabbits etc and other animals?

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
I am not sure why you think I know the answer to these questions Prashant. I don't. As I explained in my last answer to you, you should go speak to a local veterinarian near you or a zoo.

Are you planning on going to school to be a vet? Then it is really important that you speak to one.

There are no Bachelor of Dental Surgery degrees that I know of anywhere. Dental procedures are taught to veterinarians and technicians in school and it's part of their training in residencies as  well.

Veterinarians graduate with Doctors of Veterinary Medical Degrees and Technicians can get anything from Associate degrees in Animal Health to Bachelors in Animal Health or Husbandry or they can specialize AFTER they are licensed to Certificates in areas of specialty, such as Emergency Medicine or Equine Medicine or Anesthesiology. Vets can become Board Certified Dental surgeons but that's not a degree.

But I don't know of any BS in Dental surgery.  

Ask the Veterinarian

Jana Connell RVT, CVT