Assembly of God/Women pastors

Faithwork29 wrote at 2012-12-31 18:04:56
No women can not be pastors,1 Timothy 2:11-15

11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

No women can be over a Man in a congregation, God only uses men,not women. He may have send an angel to speak to them. Phoebe,was a servant, meaning she help out, cleaning, cooking, etc. She was not a Deacon, God said he change not, and if it wasn't so I wouldn't say it. Paul was the one who said women should learn in silent, so why would he come back and say women can be deacons.He was thanking her for her good works. Back then women wasn't even allow in the church, they had to hear the word from there husbands 1 Corinthians 14:33-36

33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?

15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.  

Assembly of God

Elder Greg Madden