Assembly of God/difference between pentecostal groups

Hatch wrote at 2009-07-08 18:15:33
If speaking in tongues is satanic than does that make Paul a Devil. Paul said he spoke with tongues daily and if Paul is of the Devil that makes 13 books of the bible satanic.

shweinna wrote at 2011-01-20 07:41:26
Hi Kelly

And John

Id like to rectify a wrong here said by John that speaking in tongues is satanic(you are committing a sin by affirming so)

It comes from God dear Kelly

Go to 1 Corinthians 12,10 and 1 Corinthians 14

Acts pf Apostles 6-17

Read widely the Bible to encounter more abt how speaking in tongues if a spiritual gift and the first physical evidence of baptism in holy spirit and ask God to guide you.you'll definitely see the truth

shweinna wrote at 2011-01-20 07:47:24
ps-Speaking in tongues is a msg as John rightly said,but he doesn not contradict anything since it is a personal message,an answer,a revelation to a problem we've exposed to him during our prayer.If you are baptised by the Holy spirit dear Kelly,you'll not need to ask questions here,God will answer to you and guide by the force of his mind.xxx

Dante wrote at 2012-07-09 02:46:20
Therefore, my brothers, be eager to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues.

1 Corinthians 14:39

For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Acts 10:46

Then when Paul laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in other tongues and prophesied.

Acts 19:6

Speaking in tongues is not satanic. It's evidence of the baptism of the holy spirit. :)

those are just some of the many verses about tongues. The whole bible is the truth! God Bless.

Michael wrote at 2012-11-10 10:59:28
Kelly,   The only difference in the Assembly of God and the UPC is.  The UPC believes that God,Jesus, the holy Ghost are all the same person One singular person. the problem with this is the Bible states in Matthew at the baptism of Jesus that a DOVE (Holy Ghost) came down out of heaven, and a Voice (GOD) said This is my Son in whom I am well Pleased.  The UPC follows the words of Peter where he said in Acts 2:38 "repent and be Baptized in Jesus name" they also take the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as the only way to get into heaven. they teach that you must be baptized in the Holy ghost with the evidence of Speaking in tongues. Both Organizations, The United Pentecostals, and the Assemblies of God were together until 1919, when a handful of pastor started to baptize the UPC way. The Assemblies addressed the Issue and found that it is better to follow the instructions of Christ Jesus, who is never wrong, instead of following the words of Paul.  The Assembly of God follows Jesus instruction to his disciples in Matthew where he said Baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. the Assembly Also believes that the baptism of the Holy Ghost will come when a person is fully surrendered to God, and is not required to go to heaven.  

Assembly of God

John Zalewski