Assembly of God/tithing

John wrote at 2014-10-12 00:09:06
Greetings in the Name of Jesus the Christ,

I am concerned that tithing is preached, emphasized, and taught more than salvation itself nowadays. Many Christians infer that tithing is the golden rule and standard, as if nothing else pleases God. Well, the believer has been justified by the blood of the lamb not from/by tithing. Either we are justified through fait alone or Paul has told us a lie!!!!!!

I would say that God wants us to present our bodies to him above all else, as it is a reasonable, responsive, and personal act  more in line with what Jesus did.  This reasonable act has been performed by infidels but some have been convinced through the teaching and emphasis of giving 10% of one's income to a ministry is acceptable to them and God. But, it is evident that God desires the salvation of every soul--not MONEY!

I pray that salvation again becomes the purpose of spreading the gospel and not giving 10%of one's income plus offerings that is only acceptable after one pay tithes.   

My study has revealed to me that Biblical offerings of the Israelites consisted mostly of animal sacrifices and/or foods offered to God for forgiveness of sins and/or in thanksgiving for his provisions.  Unfortunately, Christian tithers are told that Biblical offerings (cattle, fruits, crops, grain, wine, etc.) has somehow become MONEY today.   Yes MONEY, the tithe & OFFERINGS.

In this confusion, Church leadership generally forbids non-tithers from holding titles, offices, participating in the Choir, and performing other labors a believer whom Jesus died wants to do for God in the Church! I am angry because of it!!!!!!!!!  

Radio, television, and pulpit ministers are even unknowingly persuading Prostitutes to tithe and to give offerings of MONEY to their ministries. This teaching of so-called obedience to God's word (as taught, emphasized, and commanded) will reap blessings as it furthers the Gospel.  However, such offerings are unacceptable to God  (Deut. 23:18)

Ministers should commanded the people that giving 100% of their bodies as living sacrifices and offering the sacrifices of praise and thanksgiving are the true offerings required by God!

Emphasize the Will of God... that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God (see scriptures below)

Deut. 23:18 - You shall not bring the wages of a harlot, or the price of a dog, into the house of the LORD your God for any vow: for even both of these are an abomination unto the LORD your God”

Hebrews 13:15-16 - By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. But to do good and to communicate (share)  forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 - In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Ephesians 5:19-21 - Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Romans 12:1-3 -   I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God

Brother John

Accokeek Maryland  

Assembly of God

John Zalewski