Assembly of God/fertility

Question
My wife and my self are christians , we have two great kids  We would like a third, we are 46 and 49 and healthy. We have had her checked out and the doc says she just has old eggs and statistically it is harder. We are considering artificial insemination of my sperm to her egg to increase our chances. We have prayed and tried for two yrs to do it on our own...no luck. Do you think we are "going around nature" to get our way?  Do you think AI is not Gods will?  Any thoughts? Ishmael did not turn out so great.

Answer
hello Robert

I'm sure you have given this matter a great deal of thought and prayer. AI, in my opinion, takes God's will out of the picture. I don't think the story of  is pertinent here as you are not intending to use a surrogate. There are certain risks with older pregnancies and I'm sure you are aware of these. God knows the beginning from the end and what he wants for your lives

As a person who became a parent in my forties for the third time I can say I know the joy you seek but I also know that having a teenager in your sixties can be difficult on many levels and that a huge gap in the ages of the kids brings with it its own difficulties. Are your kids on board with your plans? There would be radical changes to be made in your household.

I encourage you to submit the matter to prayer and be comfortable with God's answer.  

Assembly of God

Brian Thompson