Assembly of God/Adultery and Deacons

Question
If the wife of a deacon commits adultery while serving as deacons should they step down from their position? or is this her sin and does not affect the position of her husband?
Thank you,
Teresa

Answer
Hello Teresa

all sins are individual and most certainly she should step down from any office in the church for such disciplinary period as the the church may determine. As something like this happens there are wider issues  the deacon should also step down as scripturally  a man who is unable to keep control of his household is not fit for leadership  however this really a matter for the church to determine having regard to the circumstances

Assembly of God

Brian Thompson