Assembly of God/Adultery and Deacons

If the wife of a deacon commits adultery while serving as deacons should they step down from their position? or is this her sin and does not affect the position of her husband?
Thank you,

Hello Teresa

all sins are individual and most certainly she should step down from any office in the church for such disciplinary period as the the church may determine. As something like this happens there are wider issues  the deacon should also step down as scripturally  a man who is unable to keep control of his household is not fit for leadership  however this really a matter for the church to determine having regard to the circumstances

Assembly of God

Brian Thompson

I am able to discuss the beliefs of the pentacostal movement and place them in context with the Word of God. I am also able to assist those who wish to lead small groups.

I have been a a Christian since 1978 and part of the pentecostal movement since 1987 and have been part of the ministry team in my local church. I also have experience in Church administration and am trained in theophostic ministry. I am author of the book Revival ~ a different perspective

Life Member Full Gospel Business Men's Fellowship International

Revival ~ a different perspective

life experience