Hi Brian

Hope you're doing well ?

The Fourth Commandment states: "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work . . ."

Brian, I'm starting today Saturday Nov. 8th to attend services at my church instead of Sunday.
Tell me Brian, according to the forth commandment are all (including me ) who attend Sunday services sinfully breaking the forth commandment ?

Please help me out with you view base upon the Bible.
GOD bless you and yours Brian.
Brother Ray M.

Hello Ray

Jesus is Lord of the sabbath
Matthew 12:8

For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.

and when he went to the cross he attoned for every sin we might ever committ but no Christian Church keeps the sabbath in the way the jewish people kept the sabbath and therefore according to the assumption behind your question they are all in sin. To suggest we should keep the sabbath as the jewship law suggests is pure legalism. Christian churches celebrate the sabbath on a sunday to celebrate the risen Christ and his redemption, not to celebrate the rebuke of the law. If a church decides to celebrate the sabbath on a saturday  then if it does so for pure reasons it is not wrong nor is the church that celebrates on a sunday. Personally I observe a time of prayer on a Friday evening and have done so for many years, not so I can say iI observe the sabbath in the old testament manner but because of relationship with God

Collossians 2:16

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

lastly Ray take the whole of scripture as your guide, not isolated verses relating to sabbaths or food and keep short accounts with God

Assembly of God

Brian Thompson

I am able to discuss the beliefs of the pentacostal movement and place them in context with the Word of God. I am also able to assist those who wish to lead small groups.

I have been a a Christian since 1978 and part of the pentecostal movement since 1987 and have been part of the ministry team in my local church. I also have experience in Church administration and am trained in theophostic ministry. I am author of the book Revival ~ a different perspective

Life Member Full Gospel Business Men's Fellowship International

Revival ~ a different perspective

life experience