Assembly of God/WILL SHE BE SAVED ALSO

Question
Hi Brian

Its me again . . . lol

Brian, I've been a Born Again Christian for about 15yrs. My wife of 13yrs. is not a believer in
JESUS CHRIST. She says; " When I'm dead that's it, no heaven or hell I'm just dead and that's it. "

My question Brian: Is my wife automatically saved because i'm a believer in JESUS CHRIST ?

Thanks again Brian
Ray M.

Answer
Hi Ray

I understand there is a passage about a believer sanctifying an unbelieving spouse and perhaps your question arises from that (1 Corinthians 7.14) however an obscure Scripture regarding relationship in marriage cannot negate the need to personally acknowledge Jesus and as your spouse has not done this; she is not born again, and cannot be saved until she does. We all need to make that personal committment to belief in Jesus Christ and if someone specifically says they do not believe, then they risk being lost

Assembly of God

Brian Thompson