Assembly of God/The Word CANCER ?

Hi Brian
Good to be writing you again.

My question Brian: 2 Timonthy 2:17 " And their message will spread like caner. "

Brian in those time in the Bible how in the world did they know of such a word like CANCER ?
Its like they knew what penicillin was.

Help me out to understand them using that word.
Thanks Brian

Hello Ray

Tumors where know in ancient times, the Phillistines were afflicted with tumors when they kept the Arc of the Covenant, I expect you are using a paraphrase, Ray, my Bible, the NIV, translates the word as Gangarene, which is blood poisoning, and the properties of penicillin may have been know without understanding the process, a bread poltice to draw out infection is a very old remedy, the Bible even speaks of a disease with could have been AIDS when it says that homosexuals take into their body the result of their practices.

Hope I have been of help to you

vaya con Dias  

Assembly of God

Brian Thompson

I am able to discuss the beliefs of the pentacostal movement and place them in context with the Word of God. I am also able to assist those who wish to lead small groups.

I have been a a Christian since 1978 and part of the pentecostal movement since 1987 and have been part of the ministry team in my local church. I also have experience in Church administration and am trained in theophostic ministry. I am author of the book Revival ~ a different perspective

Life Member Full Gospel Business Men's Fellowship International

Revival ~ a different perspective

life experience