Assembly of God/LUKE 12: 53

Hi Brian (its been a long time since we talked)

Brian, my question is What Was The Reason JESUS seperated us from our children ?
Was it to show HIM that we loved HIM more than any others ?

I know its happened in my life ( two of my children no longer are in touch with my at all,

GOD bless you and your Brian
Ray M.

hello Ray

You must always look a passage in context. In this context Jesus is giving us a warning regarding the way things will be

49 I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.

Jesus is speaking about attitude, the attitude of people towards his message and he is telling us that division on the subject will even exist in our own families. We are not speaking about his will, that he wants division but that the nature of man is that some will not accept the message or certain intrepretations of it.

Remembrer Ray the Kingdom of God suffers violence and the violent take it by force. Would this statement have been made if there was not division and strife among mankind. We have to make a decision, whether to walk with Christ or not, That is the primary decision and the primary allegience.

There are those in may family who don't walk with the Lord, I want it to be otherwise but it isn't up to me. It is true that the Lord could take away our free will, but he wants us to come to him out of our free will. Each must forge their own relationship with the Lord

Assembly of God

Brian Thompson

I am able to discuss the beliefs of the pentacostal movement and place them in context with the Word of God. I am also able to assist those who wish to lead small groups.

I have been a a Christian since 1978 and part of the pentecostal movement since 1987 and have been part of the ministry team in my local church. I also have experience in Church administration and am trained in theophostic ministry. I am author of the book Revival ~ a different perspective

Life Member Full Gospel Business Men's Fellowship International

Revival ~ a different perspective

life experience