Assembly Language/Modify a program

Question
QUESTION: Dear Bob,
Could you advise whether I might learn how to disassemble or remove/modify/delete certain unwanted instructions within a virtual Organ program?
Many thanks and Best Regards,
Ken.

ANSWER: Dear Ken,

You'll need to know the type of chip used. Do you have the assembler listing? You will
also need an assembler. It is possible to 'byte-patch' machine code, but an assembler
environment is better.

Bob.

For maths/computing advice, visit:-

www.headingleysigns.com/maths

QUESTION: Dear Bob,
Thank you very much for your reply. There is no chip, it is purely a program which was purchased on a disk, or downloaded to install on the computer system hard disk.   I don't know anything about finding any assembler listing, or where to obtain an assembler from, perhaps you could kindly inform me more on these facilities, I will look at headingleysigns,
Very Many thanks again,
Ken.

Answer
Ken,

This is probably going to be difficult. As you only have the 'executable' you will have to patch it. You will
have to know the instruction set of the chip and you will need a hex editor. You can then do it, but it will
be a bit of trail and error. What is this 'virtual organ'?

Bob.

For maths/computing advice, visit:-

www.headingleysigns.com/maths

Assembly Language

Bob