Asthma/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
High altitude asthma1/21/2017Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: I am in my early sixties with adult onset asthma medicated by nebulized low-dose levabuterol (only). ...
  A: I have 2 approaches for you: 1) a small, portable oxygen unit with nasal insert. Use a fingertip ...
Inhaler1/15/2017Peter Melamed, PhD
  Q: What would be the effects of someone taking an overdose of albuterol via an inhaler and they took 3 ...
  A: May! Albuterol is an alpha blocker drug that influences in the autonomic nervous system and reduces ...
Inhaler Overdose1/15/2017Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: What would be the effects of someone taking an overdose of albuterol via an inhaler. Say someone ...
  A: Overdosage of albuterol can cause elevated blood pressure, rapid heart rate, and potential abnormal ...
asthma/estrogen12/5/2016Peter Melamed, PhD
  Q: my asthma has gotten much better with age, but it is still the worst the week before my period. the ...
  A: Leslie! You wrote, "i'd love to have a non-pill/nebulizer solution to get through these times." I ...
Red Blood Cells11/17/2016Peter Melamed, PhD
  Q: I have Asthma with a PFT of 45 percent. I was also diagnosed with permanent Lung Damage. In ...
  A: Gloria! Your question “Should I be concerned.?” about “PFT of 45 percent” and “permanent Lung ...
asthama/ breathlessness11/5/2016Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: .... My wife is 30 yrs old nd she had some brething issue thats y we do a simple chest x ray, in ...
  A: From what I'm able to gather from your description, is that your wife may have chronic bronchitis, a ...
Blood In Mucus sh6/13/2016Peter Melamed, PhD
  Q: I have bronchitis allergy from last 15 years. I am 20 right now. Till last night I was well and ...
  A: Garima Mehra! Blood in mucus in person with chronic bronchitis can occur after a persistent cough. ...
Asthma-air purifier6/6/2016Peter Melamed, PhD
  Q: Dr. Melamed, I will be brief, I am certain you are busy. My question is about equipment however, I ...
  A: Christopher A Smith! I am not a distributor of air purifiers. I am holistic doctor with the clinical ...
Asthma-air purifier6/6/2016Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: Mr. Rubin, I will be brief, I am certain you are busy. My question is about equipment however, I ...
  A: This is an easy one! You want to get a HEPA room air filter. Home Depot and others carry these. I'd ...
Dry cough for 4 months1/9/2016Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: I am hoping you can advise me as to the possible causes of a chronic cough I have had for over 4 ...
  A: First, what is your present weight? Any family history of lung problems? Did the doctors do ...
pancreatitis11/29/2015Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: I need some help. I've experienced abdominal pain and hospitalized 2 times with pancreatitis. The ...
  A: I looked into it, and yes, pancreatitis occurs rarely. There is another condition with rare reports: ...
cough after walking pneumonia10/31/2015Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: Had mild walking pneumonia in July according to Xray at Mass General. Showed it was gone in ...
  A: Without knowing if they did spirometry to determine degree of impairment, I have to go on the ...
breathing difficulty7/8/2015Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: I am 31 years and was using gabapentin 300 mg at night for sleeping trouble due to some nerve ...
  A: I apologize for the delayed response. After checking 3 professional resources regarding the ...
Challenge5/7/2015Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: Greetings, What is a methylcholine challenge used for, what does it determine, and is it ...
  A: Methacholine challenge is an evaluation test that checks for airway hyper-responsiveness ...
Article quotes needed4/3/2015Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: I need a few expert quotes about how making and using homemade cleaning products could be better for ...
  A: Sorry for the delay. Just returned from a trip There are various commercial products specific ...
Health care workers with respiratory illnesses2/4/2015Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: What studies are there that have looked at whether health care workers with chronic under laying ...
  A: Doug, Sorry for the delay. Have been out of town. Your first question addresses issues that ...
is it a bad idea to marry a woman having asthma?1/27/2015Peter Melamed, PhD
  Q: I am 27 years old Indian IT professional. My family arranged a girl for my marriage.Just before a ...
  A: Q. is ASTHMA is curable, or need a proper life style. A. Yes, asthma is curable, person needs to ...
Chronic Caugh- 6 years old boy12/27/2014Peter Melamed, PhD
  Q: My son 6 year of age having chronic cough from more than 1 year. Actually the Dr here diagnosed as ...
  A: This is not a question it is a sad story. I am sorry for your son’s allergic asthma. I have a few ...
pneumonia12/7/2014Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: My mom went to eR doctor and doc said she had bronchitis. Well my question. Is she was prescribed ...
  A: ER practices today have gotten weaker, if the presentation does not appear life-threatening. It ...
18 month daughter with asthma12/1/2014Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: I have 18 month girl with respiratory viral infection and when she is awake she is better in herself ...
  A: Good morning Paula, It sound that your child has RSV, Respiratory Syncytial Virus, the most ...
asthma right lung pain11/16/2014Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: I have asthma. Recently my right lung and under armout has a constant pain. No wheezing, no cough ...
  A: I need some background and history to help rule out ailments which may present with similar ...
Shaky hand while taking inhailer10/31/2014Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: Good morning, My brother is just 19 years old and he is suffering from asthma. We have visited many ...
  A: There are a couple of options for him. I'm assuming the present quick-relief inhaler he is using is ...
Symbicort9/3/2014Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: My husband, who is 64 years old, has asthma and also what has been diagnosed as non allergic ...
  A: Yes, it is possible that the Symbicort may be causing this issue. Whenever a steroid inhaler or ...
Asthma and Excercise8/9/2014Peter Melamed, PhD
  Q: My wife has asthma, allergies, and some degree of COPD. Her asthma is reasonably, but not completely ...
  A: I can feel, you are good husband and you want to help your wife. Your question is not simple. Your ...
Excercise with Asthma8/9/2014Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  A: Your support of your wife is outstanding! And, you are correct in your desire and thoughts towards ...
High Eosinophil Level8/5/2014Peter Melamed, PhD
  Q: I am 67 years .I suffer from frequent colds.I did routine blood count test .While all parameters ...
  A: "Eosinophil is HIGH 14%, ESR 31.3 mm/hr" are symptoms of the long occurred allergic inflammation. ...
High Eosinophil Level8/5/2014Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  A: The blood test revealing elevated eosinophils is an evaluative test, just like getting your blood ...
Asthma Starting7/30/2014Peter Melamed, PhD
  Q: I quit smoking approx 15 yrs ago at age of 30. I smoked about 1/2 pack /day (more on weekends)for ...
  A: Smoking is a not favorite thing for lung and you are right it can cause the damage. We cannot change ...
Medicine for breathing Problem7/28/2014Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: I am simple person from small country Nepal. I am having a breathing problem since 10 days. i feels ...
  A: I deeply apologize for such a delayed response. I just returned from vacation, and just was ...
asthma meds6/29/2014Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: are all asthma meds the same? Is there one medication that is better than another? My daughter as ...
  A: I'm very sorry for the delay. I've been having technical issues with AllExperts and using my iPad. A ...
Asthma problem6/28/2014Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: I am suffering from Asthma for the last nine years. Whenever there is a change in season then the ...
  A: This is not unusual. Seasonal changes also bring changes in pollen levels of various plants as well ...
ques about copd5/18/2014Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: Would u be able tonhelpnme. My mom is 67 and was diagnosed for cops. My ques is there are So ...
  A: Is your mother being seen by a lung specialist (pulmonologist)? Does she smoke? Is she on any ...
Cat Allergy5/15/2014Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: Sir, I am a 64 year old female with an allergy to cats. Diagnosed when I was a child to many animal ...
  A: Sorry to tell you this, but getting the cat was not a good move. Cat dander is much more difficult ...
Singulair4/29/2014Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: Marc: I have a question. I began allergy shots tow months ago, and doc also started me on ...
  A: Singulair is not only used in Asthma, but sometimes is of benefit people with allergies also. It has ...
peak flow improving greatly with inhaler--asthma?3/15/2014Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: We visited an allergist/immunologist recently because of my 8 year old daughter's dermographism. He ...
  A: I'd like to apologize for the delay in this response. All experts apparently had a technical ...
symptoms came back-BRONCHITIS2/20/2014Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: i sent you a question couple days ago and never received the ALL EXPERTS TICKET RESPONSE EMAIL and ...
  A: First I want to apologize for the protracted delay. I've had a number of issues with my internet ...
asthma2/15/2014Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: Other than making it difficult to breathe does asthma cause any long term problems to your lungs? My ...
  A: Ahh, what 3 times a week? Medication? Peak flow testing? If a medication, which? Also, on the ...
If you wanted to know1/31/2014Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: hey its me again i went to doc yesterday as my cough and tight chest was really really bad ...
  A: Glad to see that you went to the physician. In today's practice, the justification for injection, ...
POSSIBLE ASTHMA - COUGH 3 WEEKS1/30/2014Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: I HAVE HISTORY OF: nasal issues like allergies, sinusitis, polyps yeeeears ago. ive had steroid ...
  A: Without any recent documented medical history, offhand it sounds like a viral bronchitis. Low or no ...
Asthama / Dust Allergy.1/19/2014Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator
  Q: Good day to you. The reason of writing you is that today I had been taken to hospital in the morning ...
  A: I apologize for the long delay. It is been an extremely busy week here at home. It looks as if the ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Asthma

Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator

Top Expert on this page