lynn wrote at 2013-10-02 20:51:09
I didn't expect Merck to answer but might expect Mayo or a place such as that to have a comment someplace here online. Please get back to us if you find anything and I will do the same.  My daughter needs to get off of this. She's having heart symptoms and since this drug causes those pounding racing heart symptoms I'm she having heart trouble or is she having side effects from Singular?  The only way to know is to come off the medication.  She takes 1/2 mg clonazepam also which is a drug interaction.  She is grown but needs assistance.  So please lets not give up.  As far as slowly withdrawing I agree but she is on a slew of other medications and I'm afraid to address that...the doc may say ok then she comes off of it. Then what?  

Johanna wrote at 2014-09-08 20:42:05
I am also going through withdrawals from Singulair. Racing heart, chills, shaking hands and tics. Were you able to get off with your method?

noconintended wrote at 2014-12-15 19:51:00
I have been off Montelukasst for about 4 days and feel wrong.

Slight numbness in the bottom of my feet...head is wishy washy...tired.  I stopped the med because of headaches and balance problems....I'm a dancer and kept feeling that I was falling back on my heels.   I take Ventolin one shot every morning and Azelastine spray every morning and Fluticasone Propionate every night.  I have a chronic cough.  The more I relax, the less I cough.  Also slow down my talking and eating.

So I just took a Montelukast and I will now when myself off of it...take it every other day and so on...

Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator

I have worked directly with patients as well as caregivers for over 30 years. Have made presentations throughout Illinois educating school nurses as well as the teaching and coaching staff of public schools about asthma, and how they should respond to these students needs. Presented a public education program on asthma through the US Department of Public Health. Specialize in helping guide asthmatic patients to take control of their disease in order to live a near-normal, fully active life.

Practicing pharmacist for 40 years, specializing in asthma and COPD for 12 years. Developed nationwide education to nurses, teachers and athletic coaches regarding asthma and exercise induced bronchospasm. In addition, and closer to home. my daughter has asthma, and my son has exercise induced bronchospasm. In addition, I serve on the boards and committees of a number of asthma organizations: Sports, Exercise and Fitness Committee of AAAAI, Population Health Committee and Sports Medicine Committee of ACAAI, Sports Medicine Committee of the World Allergy Association. Board of Directors of the Chicago Asthma Consortium, Board of Directors of the Christopher D. Redding Youth Asthma Foundation, as well as the advisory board of a medical education company, Emmi Solutions. Directly involved in the creation of public education programs for asthma, COPD and diabetes.

American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology / Sports Medicine Committee, American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology / Population Health Committee and Sports Medicine, American College of Chest Physicians, American Thoracic Society. World Allergy Association, Chicago Asthma Consortium / Professional Development Committee, Christopher D. Redding Youth Asthma Foundation, and Respiratory Health Association of Metropolitan Chicago: Development Committee for AE-C prep class, and presenter.

AAAAI PowerPoint on the new guidelines for EIB (Exercise Induced Bronchospasm), AAAAI Powerpoint on Asthma in School Setting for Teachers and Coaches, Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology: Transition guide for teens with food allergies or asthma going out of the home to live independantly.

BScPharm, RPh, (NAECB Certified asthma educator in 2002), NIPCO Certified Respiratory Care Pharmacist

Emmi Solutions, Chicago Next Level Health, Chicago