Asthma/asthma right lung pain

Question
I have asthma. Recently my right lung and under armout has a constant pain. No wheezing, no cough with fluid. Had a chest xray and mammogram.  Both were fine. Pain is constant in both areas, worse when I lay on my right side. Any suggestions as what it might be. My doctor has no ideas.

Answer
Hi Kathleen,
  I need some background and history to help rule out ailments which may present with similar symptoms.so...
    age
    weight
    height
    occupation
    physical activity level
    list of medications, both daily and intermittent use, including birth control
    other noted medical conditions for which you may be treated
    any recent mishaps or accidents, and if not, any mishap that may have had some spinal involvement
    do you presently, or have you had a smoking history, or second hand smoking exposure
  Without the above, I would be assessing potential blood clot, especially if you are on either birth control, or if older, menopausal hormone therapy, while also being a smoker. Second on my list would be pleurisy, an inflammation of the lining of the lung which can have symptoms similar to a rib fracture, pneumonia, pericarditis (inflammation of heart lining) as well as pulmonary blood clot. My final, offhand thought would lead me to have a neuro evaluation checking for a pinched spinal nerve (reflecting your positional issues).
   Hope this helps in the mean time!

Sincerely,

Marc

Asthma

Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator