Asthma/Medicine for breathing Problem

Question
Dear Sir,

I am simple person from small country Nepal. I am having a breathing problem since 10 days. i feels hard to take the oxygen. i am being hospitalized for several days and being provided to consume (Magnex 1000 mg) 3 times a day and other medicine as well. i consume almost 7000 mg of medicine in a daily manner in hospital. currently i am having weakness problem, my hand shakes to lift things and all. can you please tell me is it due to heavy dose of medicine provided in the hospital.

Please let me know if i should stop eating the medicine that are being provided by the doctor. please provide me alternative way for this.

Answer
Hello Rujan,
  I deeply apologize for such a delayed response. I just returned from vacation, and just was reviewing my email when I saw your letter.
I'm not quite certain what that medication is that they are giving you. It is not available in the United States, and the information I searched for is not clear as to what it actually is. It quite possibly may be an antibiotic, but what I read is that is given by injection, not taken orally. Also, the maximum daily dosage would only be 4000 milligrams per day not the 7000 you been taking.
  My other consideration was, that it might be a mineral supplement of magnesium. This is used is injection and emergency basis in the hospital for a severe asthma attack. But again, not given orally here for that therapy.
  So unfortunately, I don't think I can give you an accurate answer to your problem. I'm hoping that you are doing better at this point, again I'm so sorry for the delay.
  If you are still being treated, see if you can get the chemical name of the medication they're providing to you, and send that to me to research further.
  I sincerely hope for the best for your recovery. Any further questions, please feel free to get back to me. There's nothing simple about being a human being, you sound like a very good person that deserves a healthy life.
  Sincerely,

Marc

Asthma

Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator