Asthma/High Eosinophil Level

I am 67 years .I suffer from frequent colds.I did routine blood count test .While all parameters remained normal
Eosinophil is HIGH 14%,ESR 31.3 mm/hr ,Haempglobin-13.7
What medicine I should take for High Eosinophil .Please help

Hello Kalyan,
  The blood test revealing elevated eosinophils is an evaluative test, just like getting your blood pressure or blood sugar. It is an indicator that, when the levels are not normal, something is going on. This may be a reflection of allergies (this has been a horrible year here in the US, with very high pollen counts..but I don't know if that is also occurring there), a parasite infection (roundworm, for example), fungal infection,and a few other things.
  You don't treat the levels, but this test give guidance to the doctor of what direction to look and investigate to resolve the problem. Once that is done, unless there may be ongoing conditions like allergies, that while the levels will drop once brought under control, they will rise each time there is a flareup, which is normal. Its your body defending itself.
  Once properly diagnosed, then the doctor and you can work towards healing your symptoms, and reducing the risk of a severe attack occurring.
 Hope this helps!

Marc Rubin, RPh Asthma Educator

I have worked directly with patients as well as caregivers for over 30 years. Have made presentations throughout Illinois educating school nurses as well as the teaching and coaching staff of public schools about asthma, and how they should respond to these students needs. Presented a public education program on asthma through the US Department of Public Health. Specialize in helping guide asthmatic patients to take control of their disease in order to live a near-normal, fully active life.

Practicing pharmacist for 40 years, specializing in asthma and COPD for 12 years. Developed nationwide education to nurses, teachers and athletic coaches regarding asthma and exercise induced bronchospasm. In addition, and closer to home. my daughter has asthma, and my son has exercise induced bronchospasm. In addition, I serve on the boards and committees of a number of asthma organizations: Sports, Exercise and Fitness Committee of AAAAI, Population Health Committee and Sports Medicine Committee of ACAAI, Sports Medicine Committee of the World Allergy Association. Board of Directors of the Chicago Asthma Consortium, Board of Directors of the Christopher D. Redding Youth Asthma Foundation, as well as the advisory board of a medical education company, Emmi Solutions. Directly involved in the creation of public education programs for asthma, COPD and diabetes.

American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology / Sports Medicine Committee, American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology / Population Health Committee and Sports Medicine, American College of Chest Physicians, American Thoracic Society. World Allergy Association, Chicago Asthma Consortium / Professional Development Committee, Christopher D. Redding Youth Asthma Foundation, and Respiratory Health Association of Metropolitan Chicago: Development Committee for AE-C prep class, and presenter.

AAAAI PowerPoint on the new guidelines for EIB (Exercise Induced Bronchospasm), AAAAI Powerpoint on Asthma in School Setting for Teachers and Coaches, Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology: Transition guide for teens with food allergies or asthma going out of the home to live independantly.

BScPharm, RPh, (NAECB Certified asthma educator in 2002), NIPCO Certified Respiratory Care Pharmacist

Emmi Solutions, Chicago Next Level Health, Chicago