Asthma/is it a bad idea to marry a woman having asthma?

Question
Hello,

I am 27 years old Indian IT professional. My family arranged a girl for my marriage.Just before a couple of days, we came to know she has ASTHMA.so here is  my question..

- is ASTHMA is curable, or need a proper life style.
- Is  it ok to marry an asthma patient.
- I am OK with simple care.I afraid, whether it will spoil our lives?
- Is there any severe or mild asthma. What is too bad. What should i ask her so that I can know, whether she is mild patient or a serious?

I need your suggestion on this matter.
Thank you,
Shaktikanta Patra.

Answer
HI Shaktikanta Patra

Q.   is ASTHMA is curable, or need a proper life style.
A.       Yes, asthma is curable, person needs to avoid trigger situation.

Q. Is it ok to marry an asthma patient.
A.   It is OK to merry right person that you like.

Q. I am OK with simple care. I afraid, whether it will spoil our lives?
A.     Asthma may have periods of the exacerbation. Taking care of the loving woman is privilege of man.

Q. Is there any severe or mild asthma. What is too bad. What should i ask her so that I can know, whether she is mild patient or a serious?
A.      You should i ask her, does she love you?

Dear Shaktikanta Patra, life is not IT technology. All variants can be perfect in the beginning, but later the family life become miserable. Follow your heart.
From my decades of the experience, people with asthma usually live long, have the healthy kids, can be very beautiful, well educated and talented.

Peter Melamed, PhD

Asthma

Peter Melamed, PhD