Astrology/Strengths of relationship

I was wondering if you could please tell me the strengths of a marriage between someone born October 8th, 1985 (male) at 3:37am and a female born May 3rd, 1987 at 2:07am (female). Both are born in San Francisco, CA.

When i typed the year, month, day, and hour signs into a horoscope calculator I received the male day sign as Metal Dragon, and the female day sign as Water Rat.

This is contrary to what other books may say such as: the male is born day of the water horse and the female day of the metal ox.

Which one would be the correct day sign in this case?

Thank you so very much

Hi Christine,

The female was born in the year of the Fire Rabbit, month of the Wood Snake, day of the Water Rat and hour of the Metal Ox.

You may be surprised to know there is no "correct" day sign. According to the lunar calendar, which I use, it's Water Rat. I didn't check it, but I'd guess someone using the solar calendar would get Metal Ox. I define "correct" as the system used by the astrologer who gives you the best results. In your case it's easy to figure out which is most applicable. The day sign is the one that supposedly related most closely to the "real" you. So, do you rush into things, are quick thinking, and spend a lot of time in your head? Or, do you tend to be stubborn, inflexible, kind of plodding, and have strong determination to see things through to the end? Neither of these is likely to be exactly you due to your dominant, year sign. You see, the Rabbit is nothing like the Rat or the Ox. Still, I'm sure the short pictures of the Rat (the first one) or the Ox (stubborn) give you enough info to make your choice.

The male was born during the year of the Wood Ox, month of the Wood Rooster, day of the Water Horse (lunar calendar) and hour of the Water Tiger. You can Google Horse and Dragon to see which most closely resembles the male's personality. Hopefully, you'll discover lunar or solar works better for both. Then you know which system you should probably use.

From a Chinese Astrology perspective this match has a 59% favorable, compatible rating, which is good. This is an average. Actually your animal signs are a 50-50 match, so-so. Your personalities will result in good times and bad. The strength is actually in your elements. They are in harmony and complement each other. By that I mean the female has strength where the male is weak, that is, lots of Fire in the female's chart and little in the male's. The female is likely to be more charismatic and energetic, providing spice in the relationship. The male has more Metal. Metal is associated with determination and finishing things, which perfectly complements the female's Fire, associated with initiative/beginning things.

If you would like to learn more about relationships, I highly recommend Shelly Wu's Chinese Sexual Astrology and Susan Levitt's Taoist Astrology. Also, please visit my web site, If you would like a detailed analysis of this match, you can order one at the site for a modest charge. And, if you like the web site, please "like" it on Facebook and tell your friends about it.

Thank you for your question.  

Bill Hajdu

Chinese Astrology. I`ve done Chinese astrology for over 25 years, pimary experience Ming Shu style. I am NOT a psychic. I can't answer questions about when a particular event will occur, when/if your life will change, or what your spouse is going to be/look like. I do comment on relationships, career, personality analysis and life cycle chi, i.e., energy level and influences at each of the five stages of life. I evaluate specific relationships or can look at your love life in general. I can tell you your best career choices and whether the one you've chosen is good for you. And, I can identify the strong and weak times in your life. I've done work for Yahoo, and

I've studied Chinese astrology for over 25 years now and done many thousands of charts. My specialty is Four Pillars method, particularly as applied to evaluating relationships. I've also done Nine Star Ki and readings using Mah Jong tiles. I have now completed my first, automated Zi Wei Dou Shu (Purple Star) product. It focuses on Luck. Next year I plan on creating one or two more Purple Star projects focusing on Fate.

World Future Society

M.A. International Relations, University of Southern California (USC)

Distinguished Graduate, USC