Astrology/Chinese astrology

Question
Hi i was wondering if chinese astrology has been affected by global precession and if so what animal would i be if i am born 27th of january 1985? Thank you.

Answer
Hi Yasmine,

Chinese Astrology is less affected by "global precession" than Western Astrology. I seem to recall critics of Western Astrology say it denies any validity to that system.

The main reason Chinese Astrology is different is that it is fundamentally based on the cycles of the natural world right here on Earth. This is enhanced by Five Element Theory and Taoist philosophy.

Nevertheless, I can think of two modalities that are likely to be affected by precession, Zi Wei Dou Shu (Purple Star) Astrology and observations based on The 28 Constellations, a daily system. To be honest I have not done a lot of work with these and don't feel I can make an "expert" comment. I have found Purple Star readings to be amazingly accurate at times and at others somewhat dubious. "The jury is out" as to what I  think about the effect of precession.

Most of my experience is with Four Pillars charts and Mah Jong card readings (similar to Tarot). The charts are based on a person's year, month, day and time of birth. The conclusions I draw are based on cycles which go back thousands of years, irrespective of the position of stars in the sky. And almost half of the things I say are based on the balance of elements in the chart, nothing to do with stars.

You were born during the Year of the Wood Rat, month of the Fire Ox and day of the Fire Tiger. You also have a fourth animal associated with your hour of birth. I consider the year animal first among equals, so thing of yourself as the entrepreneurial Rat first. It's a gentle sign, but underneath what may be a sweet outer appearance, you are likely to be strong and aggressive.

If you would like to learn more about Chinese Astrology, I highly recommend Susan Levitt's Taoist Astrology. Also, please visit my web site, www.onlinechineseastrology.com. If you would like more information about yourself, you can order one of several reports at the site for a modest charge. And, if you like the web site, please "like" it on Facebook and tell your friends about it.

Thank you for your question.  

Astrology

Bill Hajdu