Astrology/Relationship strengths

Dear Bill,

I'm born on may 3rd, 1987 at 2:08am, and my partner is born on October 8th, 1985 at 3:37am.

I was wondering what our relationship areas of strengths are?

And what our weaknesses are? And how to improve them.

Hi Tiffany,

The best thing about this relationship is you have a very high, overall compatibility rating,86% favorable. You both probably have a caring personality, good/soft-hearted. Willing to make compromises. You also are likely to share a more cautious, conservative approach to life. If anyone is the risk taker, it's you.

The biggest weakness appears to be a lack of Water in your charts, indicating possible communications difficulties. I'm not an expert in that area, so all I can say is make an effort to talk to each other regularly, and to listen to what the other says. I'm sure you could get a book on the subject at the library. The second thing I see is you both have an element imbalance, i.e., some great strengths and some vulnerabilities. You have a lot of Fire and partner a lot of Metal, neither of you having much of the other. That means you're good at starting (a lot of) things but not at finishing them. Partner the opposite.

Your overall compatibility masks a lot of significant differences. Fortunately, yours are the type that make a relationship interesting, not conflictual. It's just a matter of working to achieve understanding and appreciating the positives of those differences.

If you would like to learn more about relationships, I highly recommend Shelly Wu's Chinese Sexual Astrology and Susan Levitt's Taoist Astrology. Also, please visit my web site, If you would like a detailed analysis of this match, you can order one at the site for a modest charge. And, if you like the web site, please "like" it on Facebook and tell your friends about it.

Thank you for your question.  

Bill Hajdu

Chinese Astrology. I`ve done Chinese astrology for over 25 years, pimary experience Ming Shu style. I am NOT a psychic. I can't answer questions about when a particular event will occur, when/if your life will change, or what your spouse is going to be/look like. I do comment on relationships, career, personality analysis and life cycle chi, i.e., energy level and influences at each of the five stages of life. I evaluate specific relationships or can look at your love life in general. I can tell you your best career choices and whether the one you've chosen is good for you. And, I can identify the strong and weak times in your life. I've done work for Yahoo, and

I've studied Chinese astrology for over 25 years now and done many thousands of charts. My specialty is Four Pillars method, particularly as applied to evaluating relationships. I've also done Nine Star Ki and readings using Mah Jong tiles. I have now completed my first, automated Zi Wei Dou Shu (Purple Star) product. It focuses on Luck. Next year I plan on creating one or two more Purple Star projects focusing on Fate.

World Future Society

M.A. International Relations, University of Southern California (USC)

Distinguished Graduate, USC