Astrology/element mix in one persons chart

Question
Hi Bill,

With the 4 pillars, you can have 4 elements to your chart, as there are 5 elements, I was wondering if there's any particular combinations of elements that are most favourable? I'm guessing having 4 different elements os good as it maximises your chance of having a good mix with future partners? And that 4 different elements was would give a lot of diversity? Many thanks

Answer
Hi Michelle,

You are correct. Chinese Astrology says a balance of elements is most desirable.

It does several things. As you suspect, it maximizes your chance of being compatible with a greater range of personality types. It also means a person has a broader range of capabilities and no glaring weaknesses.

Actually few people have four different elements in their four signs, but that's not critical. You see there are three elements associated with each of the four signs, for a total of 12. It is the mix of the 12 we have to consider to determine if a person is balanced. This mix is important for determining if two people are complementary as well as compatible. Two things have to be right for that. The total of each element in the two charts should be about the same. This means the couples won't have any areas of significant weakness, e.g., difficulty in communications or unwillingness to make compromises. The other is no partner have a lot more of one element than the other. That is the "two ships passing in the night" situation. There could be a high probability of them not understanding/relating well to each other.

If you would like to learn more about Chinese Astrology, I highly recommend Susan Levitt's Taoist Astrology. Also, please visit my web site, www.onlinechineseastrology.com. If you would like more information about yourself, you can order one of several reports at the site for a modest charge. And, if you like the web site, please "like" it on Facebook and tell your friends about it.

Thank you for your question.

Astrology

Bill Hajdu