Astrology/Relationship Assessment

My name is Anna. I am a woman born on april 3rd of 1986 at 1:30pm PST. My new Dragon boyfriend was born on april 13th or 1988 at 7:14 am PST.

I find that my boyfriend fits very well in my life immediately and that I feel comfortable considering a future with him because he is generous, kind, understanding, and a great leader and friend.

What are our elements and signs? How can I best navigate this relationship in consideration of these elements and zodiac signs?
What should I to work on in order to cultivate harmony and virtue in this and other types of relationships?

I would love to utilize your compatibility input. Thank you in advance!

Hi Anna,

From a Chinese Astrology perspective this match has a 56% favorable rating which is good but nothing special. It can last and bring you the happiness you seek. You will both need to be understanding, willing to appreciate your differences and, simply, work hard at it.

It would take a full, 20 page ready to give a comprehensive answer to your question. What I can do is look at your charts and tell you the most important things I see.

As you know, your year signs are Tiger and Dragon, which is a high flying combination built for success. In Chinese Astronomy, the Dragon Constellation guards the Eastern sky and the Tiger the Western - powerful signs indeed. And that's a plus, because you each need a partner you can respect. You each have Rabbit for your month sign. This gentle sign adds balance to your strong, year signs. You both probably have strong, outer appearances, but inside your hearts are gentle and can be wounded easily. So go easy on each other!

The weakness in your relationship is found in your element mix. It's unbalanced, especially your partner's, the result being you don't complement each other. What you need to understand about him is he has great strengths but also significant vulnerability. Balance is actually more desirable. Your is unbalanced, too, in that you lack Metal, which is associated with determination and fighting spirit. This is unfortunate because he has no Metal in his chart. So who is going to fight to keep the relationship going through the difficult times we all experience? Also, you only have a low normal amount of Water and he only a little in his chart. Communications could also be a problem. You both will need to make an effort to let the other know your feelings and wishes, or you could drift apart or get into misunderstandings.

If you would like to learn more about relationships, I highly recommend Shelly Wu's Chinese Sexual Astrology and Susan Levitt's Taoist Astrology. Also, please visit my web site, If you would like a detailed analysis of this match, you can order one at the site for a modest charge. And, if you like the web site, please "like" it on Facebook and tell your friends about it.

Bill Hajdu

Chinese Astrology. I`ve done Chinese astrology for over 25 years, pimary experience Ming Shu style. I am NOT a psychic. I can't answer questions about when a particular event will occur, when/if your life will change, or what your spouse is going to be/look like. I do comment on relationships, career, personality analysis and life cycle chi, i.e., energy level and influences at each of the five stages of life. I evaluate specific relationships or can look at your love life in general. I can tell you your best career choices and whether the one you've chosen is good for you. And, I can identify the strong and weak times in your life. I've done work for Yahoo, and

I've studied Chinese astrology for over 25 years now and done many thousands of charts. My specialty is Four Pillars method, particularly as applied to evaluating relationships. I've also done Nine Star Ki and readings using Mah Jong tiles. I have now completed my first, automated Zi Wei Dou Shu (Purple Star) product. It focuses on Luck. Next year I plan on creating one or two more Purple Star projects focusing on Fate.

World Future Society

M.A. International Relations, University of Southern California (USC)

Distinguished Graduate, USC