Astronomy/red and green blinking lights

Steve wrote at 2008-05-06 01:21:51
Hi Paul! I'm seeing the exact same thing tonight - a white object with distinct red and green blinking lights visible south-west of Orion moving toward the horizon. However, I'm located in Virginia, about 30 miles west of Washington DC. Visible with the naked eye as well as binoculars - definitely not a plane as I see them all the time. I'm thinking a satellite?

chris wrote at 2009-05-09 12:10:53
Mike ,Paul,....

Also seen from Wisconsin in April.  Been cloudy lately.

SSE about 20 degrees from Horizon.

me and the neighbors spent an hour waiting for it to move.  Sorry...not a UFO

Mike V wrote at 2009-08-17 04:01:26
Exact same experience sitting here in Pittsburgh (South Fayette Township) around eleven thirty at night on Sunday, August 16th.  Took out my telescope to see if it was a plane.  Did not move, but definitely red and green flickering lights.  Guess it might be a satelite, but don't know if they contain lights.

dale wrote at 2013-03-06 03:25:38
i seen the red and green and some other color lights too they flicker and dont move. they are spaced about the same distance apart. i been seeing them for the last five years and have not said anything cause of different reasons. i dont think that they are stars.  

Paul Wagner

Astronomy and telescope making. Have made at least seven telescopes, both refractors and reflectors, and have spent 30 years looking at the nighttime sky.