Astronomy/gravity

Question
Suppose a collision or a supernova creates a new celestial object(s), How is it's gravity formed?

Answer
Hello Jeffrey...and thanks for using AllExperts
Einstein showed us, and it's been proven over and over again, that what we call gravity is actually the bending of space by the presence of some mass. You yourself have mass, so you actually bend space too, although that distortion is too small to measure. Exactly how this creation of gravity (space distortion) happens isn't understood and remains one of the great mysteries of science.

In your question you infer that some new object is created. When that happens the space around the object is "automatically" distorted so the object causes gravity, no matter what the mechanism was that made the new object. If two existing objects are involved in a collision, their individual gravities combine to form a single, stronger gravity.

Astronomy

Patrick Weiler