Astronomy/Astronomy

Question
Go outside tonight and look at the stars and than tomorrow night i do the same exact thing,Will the stars be in the same exact spots? Why or why not? Im not too sure

Answer
Hello Joey...and thanks for using AllExperts
All those stars you see in the night sky are themselves moving through space, but because they're so extremely far away it's impossible to detect any changes in their positions from night to night except by using very specialized equipment.

Also as Earth moves around the sun the positions of the stars change from night to night due to that movement although from one night to the next you'll not notice any real difference. If you were to pick a highly visible star like Vega and marked its position from night to night over several weeks , you would indeed see that its position changes.

Be sure and let me know if I can clarify something for you, or if you have any further questions.

Astronomy

Patrick Weiler