Astronomy/Predict what will happen in an X-ray binary system in which the companion star eventually feeds over 3 solar masses of matter into the neutron star's accretion disk?

Question
The X-ray bursts that happen on the surface of an accreting neutron star are not powerful enough to accelerate the exploding material to escape velocity. Predict what will happen in an X-ray binary system in which the companion star eventually feeds over 3 solar masses of matter into the neutron star's accretion disk?

Answer
I don't think there is enough information given to answer this question. For instance, what is the distance between the two bodies, what is the entry velocity and density of accreted material,
what is the initial mass of the neutron star, and what is it's spin rate??
Even if we knew all those quantities, I still think it's an educated guess of what eventually would happen. Most probable outcome answer would be the mass of the neutron star would eventually exceed internal neutron pressure (the last resort before a black hole), and it would end up collapsing catastrophically (but quietly)... into a black hole singularity.
Sorry I can't provide more information.
Clear Skies,
Tom Whiting
Erie, PA  

Astronomy

Tom Whiting