Astronomy/Black Holes

Hi Mr. Weiler--
I'd like to ask you a series of questions, if you don't mind, because the service can't process huge questions. 1) Is it possible to survive in a black hole? Why or why not?

Hello Ashwini...
No, you couldn't survive inside a black hole because the gravitational tidal forces are much too extreme. Here's what that means: as you stand on Earth, there's more gravity pulling on your feet than there is on your head because it's farther from Earth's center of gravity. Inside a black hole the same thing happens, only the gravitational differences are billions of times greater; consequently you'd be ripped apart down to your very atoms.

Patrick Weiler

I`d be pleased to answer questions about any aspect of astronomy, particularly those related to cosmology, astrophysics, and planetary sciences. I can also provide reliable information on unique topics like dark energy, dark matter, black holes, etc.,.

Teacher, adult after-hours education at local community college, including frequent "star parties." I have my own telescope system, and continue to stay apace of recent developments and emerging theories in the field.

BA, liberal arts with emphasis on sciences. BS, computer technology.