Astronomy/Extraterrestrial Objects

Dear Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions. I saw that in your bio you have been watching the sky for over 30 years. I like to sky watch too and about 12 years ago, three friends and I basically saw  a UFO. I didn't have a camera or video camera when it happen and it happened so quickly the only evidence I have is my eye witness account. I made a re-enactment of EXACTLY what I saw. I can never forget it because I could not figure out an explanation for it, it was quite shocking. Here is my animated re creation of the object

My question to you, in all seriousness, have you ever seen anything like this before in your days of sky watching or have any clue as to what it might of been if not extraterrestrial?

Thank you

Hi Noel

Wow.  I've never seen that before!  When I was about fifteen I once thought I saw two stars moving around each other--but it was clearly my imagination at work.  When I told a friend and showed him, it was no longer happening.  I think it was a satellite who's motion I had misunderstood.

I can't imagine what it was you saw...

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner

Astronomy and telescope making. Have made at least seven telescopes, both refractors and reflectors, and have spent 30 years looking at the nighttime sky.