Astronomy/Jason 336E Comet Chaser Reflector Telescope

I purchased this telescope at an estate sale. There are no instructions with it. I am a newbe and haven't a clue what I am doing. I tried to set it up by the picture on the box. I really need some kind of manual. Is there a place where I can get such a thing?
I am sure that I will have lots of questions for you, but first I have to set it up.

Hi Teri

I have two suggestions for you.  I  am not sure where to find a manual for that scope---because it is probably out of print.  And I wouldn't trust the picture on the box--as these scopes often get part of that wrong!

So first of all, I would check out this webpage, because it is aimed at people who own one of those scopes, and want to make it better:

And then I would suggest trying to find a local astronomy club in your area.  The local community college astronomy professor usually knows who these guys are.  They meet every month or two for a star party, where they all set up their scopes and look at stuff.  And they would be happy to help you get set up and started.

Hope that helps!

Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner

Astronomy and telescope making. Have made at least seven telescopes, both refractors and reflectors, and have spent 30 years looking at the nighttime sky.