Astronomy/City lights from space

Question
Hello, I was watching a video called All Alone In The Night, which is a timelapse video from the international space station of Earth.  I noticed some of the city light clusters appeared green and was wondering what was causing this.

Answer
Hello Louis...and thanks for using AllExperts
The color of light we see is influenced by the gases in the atmosphere through which those lights pass. For example, if there's an abundance of oxygen through which the light passes, a reddish tinge would be seen. The green you mention would be from the light passing through concentrations of nitrogen. Chances are those concentrations of nitrogen result from localized industrial pollution.

Astronomy

Patrick Weiler