Astronomy/the sun

hello there

how are you ? my question is :

How  do the sun keep its energy continuously without being implemented?

The Sun gets its energy through nuclear fusion.  Nuclear fusion is the process of combining two atoms together, creating a new atom but also creating energy in the process.  This is the opposite of nuclear fission, where you take an atom, and break it apart to create two smaller atoms and produce energy.  

The Sun takes two hydrogen atoms, and fuses them together to form Helium and then producing energy.  The Sun is mostly hydrogen, so it has a lot of material to use.  Once the Sun runs out of hydrogen, it will start doing this to helium - fusing two helium atoms together to get carbon and energy out. This process will continue until the Sun gets to iron, which it can not fuse.

So the Sun does have a limited source of fuel, but it will keep going for billions of years.  

Brad Tucker

I'm happy to answer any general questions about Astronomy, Astrophysics, and Cosmology. I'm also happy to take general, specific, and detailed questions related to supernovae, Baryonic Acoustic Oscillations, the Cosmic Microwave Background, dark matter, dark energy, and the Big Bang Theory. I'm also happy to chat about Astronomy/Astrophysics education and careers, and philosophy and science.

I am a professional research astronomer/astrophysicist/cosmologist. My research focuses on studying supernovae and using them to measure the properties of the Universe, such as how fast it is growing and what it is made of. I also frequently give talks to school groups and the public, and am a regular guest on various radio stations.

Current Research Fellow at Mt. Stromlo Observatory, the Australian National University, and in the Department of Astronomy, University of California, Berkeley.

Lots of journals, including the Astrophysical Journal, the Astronomical Journal, and Nature. I am currently in the middle of writing my first popular book.

B.A. Philosophy, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN USA B.A. Theology, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN USA B.Sc. Physics, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN USA Ph.D. Astrophysics, Mt. Stromlo Observatory, the Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia