Astronomy/Dark sky in Utah area

Question
Dear Courtney.
I plan to visit Bryce Canyon in March 2015 to take pictures of the Milky way. I'm trying to find out when there will be 'dark sky' so that I can photograph the stars. Obviously I wish to know when the moon will be visible so I can plan my trip over from England.

Best wishes

Chris Martin. Devon. England.

Answer
The Moon will be at first quarter on Feb 25 and Mar 27 2015, full on Mar 5 and Apr 4, at last quarter on Mar 13 and Apr 12, and new on Mar 20.

These dates were taken from the U.S. Naval Observatory site. If you want a printable table for any year, just visit http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/MoonPhase.php

Astronomy

Courtney Seligman