Astronomy/an image incompatible with Kepler first law

Question
Hello
If we agree that the famous image of four seasons in the link below is wrong because it violates Kepler's first law in that the Sun is not located in one of the two focuses of the orbit,
http://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/StarChild/solar_system_level2/activity/song.

1- what conditions in geography and astronomy we must respect to return the Sun to its proper place?
2- would you send me the correct image pleas?
Thank you
Dr Mohamed Barzaq
Notice: I gave the link because I didn't succeed in uploading the image.

Answer
Hello,

Given the Earth's orbit is nearly a perfect circle (eccentricity e = 0.0167) one can say the drawing in the link actually is accurate to within the limits of the orbital parameters- accuracy of drawing instrument. That is to say, the precise drawing showing Sun at one exact focus,  would be essentially indistinguishable from the given one.

A far bigger error is that the relative sizes of Earth and Sun are totally out of proportion to each other, as are the distances.

But again, this comes with the territory in doing any kind of astronomical sketch or representation. In the end, something must be sacrificed.

Hence, to within the limits indicated and given the value of e approaching a perfect circle one can say the drawing is correct.

Astronomy

Philip Stahl