Astronomy/HELP

Question
hELLO SIR

sIR I WNAT TO KNOW WHAT IS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ASTRONOMY  AND ASTROPHYSICS.

Answer
Hello,

There is actually very little difference, given most of modern astronomy is also grounded in modern physics. The primary difference is that astrophysics may go into in in much more detail (e.g. the plasma physics of the Sun and solar flares). Also astronomy may include areas not covered by astrophysics such as:
)
- Astronomical Timekeeping (use of sidereal time, etc. for application to specialist disciplines like astrometry (the precise pinpointing of stellar positions on the celestial sphere

- Celestial Mechanics - including use of specialized mathematics to compute the future positions of planets, asteroids etc.

- Differences between astronomical coordinate systems (e.g. equatorial, horizon, ecliptic etc.) and the mathematics used to convert from one to another.

Astronomy

Philip Stahl