Astronomy/Red dwarf star planet

A new  article describes a planet around a red dwarf star that might have life on it:-

They talk about the planet rotating but I had thought that a planet so close to a star, even a  red dwarf, could not possibly rotate. Any comments?

Also, please tell me your opinions/estimates of the possible conclusions/results of the Fermi Paradox and  the Drake Equation. Thanks!

Another discussion of the planet says that it "is tidally locked, so one side probably faces the Sun all the time". This does not make sense, because if it tidally locked, one side MUST face the star all the time; but it does seem to confirm our presumptions.

Courtney Seligman

I can answer almost any question about astronomy and related sciences, such as physics and geology. I will not answer questions about astrology and similar pseudo-scientific rubbish.

I have been a professor of astronomy for over 40 years, and am working on an online text/encyclopedia of astronomy, and an online catalog of NGC/IC objects.

Astronomical Journal, Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific (too long ago to be really relevant, but you could search for Courtney Seligman on Google Scholar)

I received a BA in astronomy and physics and a MA in astronomy, both from UCLA. I was working on my doctoral dissertation when I started teaching, and discovered that I preferred teaching to research.

(too long ago to be relevant, but Phi Beta Kappa and Sigma Xi still keep trying to get me to become a paying member)